- Bread has been an integral part for the Egyptians. It has also been treated as currency at times in olden eras.
- Flatbreads date back to the Ancient Egyptians and Pita bread has been in existence for at least 12,000 years in Middle-Eastern countries.
- Way back in 1700 the name sandwich came from the man Earl of Sandwich. He granted the use of his name for the concept of meat between bread.
- Did you hear the expression “kiss the cook”. According to cultural legends, if you eat the last piece of bread at a meal, it’s your responsibility to plant one kiss on the cook.
- Sliced bread was banned in 1943 in U.S. The decision was not welcomed though and the ban lasted only a short time.