What’s the secret to some good to great baking. Some handy tips for a flawless bake isn’t it. So check out 6 of such good tips for some great baking:
1. You may definitely know to bring the butter to room temperature, but this technique is important for eggs too otherwise the mixture won’t emulsify properly. So if you are short on time, microwave cut-up butter on low in 5-second intervals, checking in between, and place eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. A pinch of salt brings out the flavours in sweet baked goods.
3. Spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, then sweep off the excess with a knife. Do not scoop it directly from the bag with a measuring cup. The flour will become compacted and would end up getting more than you need for the recipe.
4. Cool your cakes upside down. This will flatten out the tops, creating easy-to-stack disks for layer cakes. If the top of a cake is still too rounded, slice it off with a serrated knife.
5. If you don’t have enough time for frosting your cake, a good sprinkling of powdered sugar does wonders! Tastes and looks great on most cakes.
6. Beat egg yolks with fork before adding to batter.